Federal and state law requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information.
WHAT DOES UNIVERSAL INSURANCE HOLDINGS, INC. DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Applicable law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Applicable law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. This notice applies to current and former customers. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Information you provide on your application for insurance coverage, such as your name, address, telephone number, and date of birth
- Information gathered from you as our insured, your payment history, type of coverage you have, underwriting information, and claims information
- Insurance claim history
- Bank account information
- Mortgage information
- Information from your visits to our websites
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. We use your personal information only as authorized or required by law and as necessary to provide our products and services to you. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons we choose to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Do we share?
|Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes-We share with non affiliates to assist us to process your transactions, underwrite and/or rate your policy, service your policy, administer claims, respond to court orders and legal investigations, and as permitted by applicable law.
|For our marketing purposes-to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes-information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness
|For non affiliates to market to you
From time to time, we may also share your information with your prior consent.
Questions? Call (800) 425-9113
Who is providing this notice?
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. on behalf of itself and our affiliates listed in this notice.
How do we protect your personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Our employees are authorized to access information only for valid business reasons. Our vendors must agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality of non public personal information. When applicable, we do not share medical information unless authorized by you or as allowed or required by law.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when:
- you apply for insurance
- we process your application
- you pay insurance premiums
- you give us your contact information
- you give information to your agent or property inspector
- we obtain information from third party vendors such as claims reporting services, and when applicable, consumer reporting agencies
- you file an insurance claim (or if a claim is made against you)
- you show us your government-issued ID or driver’s license
- you visit our website if you voluntarily provide the information
We also collect information from other companies, such as your loss history.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Applicable law recognizes that sharing some information is necessary and appropriate for us to carry out our business and evaluate, maintain, and service your customer relationship with us.
- Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. This notice applies to our affiliates listed below:
- Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- American Platinum Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Evolution Risk Advisors, Inc.
- Atlas Premium Finance Company
- Alder Adjusting
- Wicklow Inspection Corporation
- Clovered, Inc.
- Blue Atlantic Reinsurance Corporation
- Assurance Systems, Inc.
- Coastal Homeowners Insurance Specialists, Inc.
- Non affiliates
- Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies. Non affiliates we share with can include:
- Independent insurance agents and agencies
- Independent adjusters or claims representatives
- Inspection companies
- Insurance support organizations
- Attorneys, courts, and government agencies
- Electronic payment processing vendors
- Joint Marketing
- A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Other important information
Underwriting Department1110 W Commercial Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309